The Emily Schoenbaum Community Development Grants Program seeks to encourage and support projects that will benefit the lives of women and girls, particularly those in the New Orleans area. We are particularly interested in organizations doing work around
race. Preference may be given to organizations with whom we may develop future internship or service-learning partnerships.
The Emily Schoenbaum Community Development Grants Program was founded in 1999 by Emily Schoenbaum, a 1988 graduate of Newcomb College, and is administered by the Newcomb College Institute. Grants of up to $2,000 will be awarded.
Who May Apply
Individuals or nonprofit, IRS tax-exempt organizations in Louisiana are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applications that involve community organizations. Faculty, students, and alumnae are encouraged to apply for work they are doing in the community.
The grant programs will award up to $2,000 for project-related costs such as project materials, travel, clerical support, and the purchase of research materials.
How to Apply
To apply for funding, please submit the following application materials by 5pm on May 15, 2021:
1. Completed application form
2. Project statement (not to exceed three pages) describing the purpose of the project and a timeline for project completion
3. Project evaluation plan (not to exceed one page)
4. Budget statement itemizing project expenses and requested funding
5. Letter of support from an agency executive or community leader who is familiar with the project.
For more information, contact:
Associate Director of Newcomb Institute
If yes, please provide the name of the organization and the amount of funding: