Newcomb Institute Front Desk Staff
The Executive Director and 18 faculty and staff members work at Newcomb Institute during the day (8:30am – 5:00pm) Groups reserve our meeting spaces throughout the day, and all students are welcome to study and hangout in the public areas while we are open.
The person in this position will be stationed at the reception desk of the Newcomb Institute office suite and will assist the Department Administrator with daily operations and administrative tasks to maintain a well-run office space. Federal work study is
preferred, but not required.
Schedule and Location:
- The Commons, 3rd Floor Office Suites
- 8-12 hours per week
- Between the hours of 8:00am – 10:00pm Monday – Friday
- Currently enrolled in the University and in good standing. (Exceptions will be made for graduating students who wish to work during the summer after graduation)
- Courteous and polite attitude toward guests and students
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in an office setting
- Demonstrate familiarity with student organizations
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
- Open and closing procedures for the office and public spaces
- Maintain a professional presence at the reception desk which includes greeting guests, answering the telephone, and answering any questions
- Have working knowledge of LCD projectors, and various sounds system equipment (training will be provided)
- Help with event set up as needed
- Liaise with the Senior Program Coordinator to the Executive Director regarding any important meetings
- Complete the daily mail run which includes bringing any outgoing mail and distributing any inbound mail to its appropriate recipient
- Maintain tidiness of office and public spaces at Newcomb Institute
- Any additional projects as requested by professional staff including but not limited to research, scanning, shredding, copying, etc.
- Attend all required trainings at the start of each semester
Salary: $9.25/hour – returning students will be eligible for a raise at the beginning of the fall semester.